Grow Your Spiritual Team, While Bathing:
People often report feeling alone in this busy world. There are times we may feel disconnected from ourselves, our family and friends but rarely do we speak about feeling spiritually disconnected from our Source or our soul’s purpose.
Sacred baths can help you to connect to your own Spirit and to develop your Divine Team of guides so that you feel unconditionally loved and guided in your life on a daily basis! This is an amazing feeling. For many of us it’s tough to meditate regularly but we can all take a 25 minute bath! This can be your time alone in quiet. You can easily learn to make your bath time sacred so that it becomes this special time with you, your Higher Self and your connection to Spirit.
You can connect to Spirit in whatever way feels best to you. The Book of Sacred Baths has baths with God, Shekhinah, Your Higher Self, The Goddess, 12 different angels, ascended masters and more, so there’s something for everyone! There’s a Glossary in the back so you can learn more about all these different guides or use your own.
A sacred bath is a bath that you take for your spiritual and emotional hygiene. Pick an intention for your sacred bath, light a candle, put in some epsom salt and a few essential oils and a crystal to match the intention for your bath ritual. Then call in Spirit for guidance. While in the tub you’ll do a meditation, a visualization and a prayer around the intention you choose. After you receive guidance you’ll journal about it once your bath ritual is over so that you will remember it and integrate it into your daily life.
Here are 5 guides that you can call upon in your sacred bath to get started:
1. The Goddess: The Goddess has so many representations and forms. In, ‘The Book of Sacred Baths’ I have bath rituals for the Greek Goddesses and several others. You can call on a Goddess whose energy matches the intention for your bath. For example, Hestia is the Goddess of the Hearth. You call on her to help you settle into your new home or to beautify your current space. If you want to increase romance in your current relationship, call on Aphrodite the Goddess of Love to inspire you.
2. Archangels: There are different Archangels you can call upon for different intentions. Here are a few examples: Archangel Chamuel is the Angel of Peaceful Relationships and helps people develop a new interest in each other and helps to connect soulmates. Archangel Gabriel inspires your talents and can guide your creative endeavors. Gabriel can help you clarify your soul’s purpose and gifts so that you are of service in the world. Archangel Michael is a great guide for protection and setting boundaries so you can call on him to create boundaries with challenging coworkers. In my book you will learn about many more Archangels and how they can help.
3. Avatars & Ascended Masters: Avatars are enlightened humans who've attained physical immortality, a deity that embodies a physical form. They care about this planet and have a very high love vibration. An Ascended Master lived in a physical body once and died. Now they can help from the Spirit World and you can bring their energy and wisdom here. So, if you admired Mother Teresa or Gandhi you could call upon them in your sacred bath for guidance about compassion, tolerance or self-discipline, for example.
4. Your Ancestors: There may be a relative who passed away and can guide you in Spirit. For example, my grandmother died at 99 years old and she was very wise. If I want to connect to her in Spirit, I can pray to her and meditate on her Spirit in my sacred bath while asking a question and often I will get messages or an image that gives me some inspiration or direction.
5. Your Guardian Angel: Your Guardian angel is a life coach for your soul’s development. Your Guardian angel knows your gifts from a spiritual perspective and her sole job is to encourage your spiritual advancement! You can call on your Guardian when in your sacred bath to ask about next steps regarding your gifts, your soul’s purpose or in learning new lessons through challenging times.
I hope that you will find sacred bathing to be a useful and fulfilling tool. I find that it gives me creative ideas, connects me to guidance, gives me direction, illuminates my soul’s purpose, helps me out picture my goals, enhances my energy and increases my mental clarity. You can get your copy of The Book of Sacred Baths: 52 Bathing Rituals to Revitalize Your Spirit, published by Llewellyn Worldwide in August 2016 to learn more.
Dr. Paulette Kouffman Sherman is a psychologist and author of, The Book of Sacred Baths: 52 Bathing Rituals to Revitalize Your Spirit,’ published by Llewellyn Worldwide. She is also the author of “Dating from the Inside Out,” published by Atria Books and 19 others books, translated into 5 languages. She has a private psychotherapy practice in Manhattan and does life coaching by phone. Learn more at www.sacredbathing.com and www.DrPauletteSherman.com . Join her on Twitter: @kpaulet/ FB: www.facebook.com/pauletteshermangroup/ / Tumblr: sacredbaths.tumblr.com/ and Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/kpaulet/
From The Book of Sacred Baths by Paulette Kouffman Sherman, PsyD. ©2016 by Paulette Kouffman Sherman, PsyD. Used by permission from Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd., www.Llewellyn.com.
Copyright © 1998 - 2020 Mystic Living Today All rights, including copyright, in the content of these Mystic Living Today web pages are owned or controlled for these purposes by Planet Starz, Inc. |
Terms of Service
Disclaimer and Legal Information
For questions or comment, contact Starzcast@mysticlivingtoday.com. Reproduction of this page in any form is not allowed without permission of the author and the owner of this site. All material on this web site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright and trademark laws. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site. Unless permissions is granted. If you have any questions or problems regarding this site, please e-mail Webmaster. Web site design by: Creative Net FX