Dr. Stewart Bitkoff
“Enlightenment must come little by little-otherwise it would overwhelm.”
In the spiritual literature, have you ever wondered why there are so few straight forward discussions on enlightenment outcomes; or said another way, once you have traveled a spiritual path and become an advanced practitioner, for you personally, what will this spiritual ability look like. Here are a few reasons for this limited discussion and some observations.
• Typically enlightenment means increased light and increased spiritual understanding/experience. This way of being/experiencing is very difficult to put into words or physically describe. Additionally few people are able to tell you exactly what your future spiritual skill set/experience package will be like. This is dependent upon different factors, including the grace of the Unseen Forces.
• In the literature, some of the spiritual experiences described include: visions, capacity to read minds, messages from the other side, sublime ecstatic experience, hearing the inner voice, intuitive understanding, wisdom about certain situations, dreams that come true and prescience/knowing. Because something is described doesn’t mean you will experience the same thing; these experiences are dependent upon the needs of the situation and the emerging design.
• Enlightenment is a phenomenon and process that is viewed, described and developed over years; ever changing and maturing. In some schools it is taught to occur in an overwhelming blast of brilliance; in other schools, it is taught that the process is more gradual.
• Based upon individual skill set, temperament, spiritual experience/capacity varies.
• Once you are provided with a snapshot of what enlightenment should/will be like; this snapshot often sets in motion our expectation response, influencing and even blocking further outcomes.
• For the most part, spiritual experience is transitory: it comes and goes based upon the needs of the situation.
• After a time, often it is possible to have both sets of consciousness operating at the same time: worldly and spiritual. This is one of the indicators of more mature development.
• Enlightenment is characterized by awakening of certain capacity: by remembering who you are and that these capacities, for the most part, already are part of you.
• Enlightenment/spiritual capacity does not replace living in the world or give you ‘a leg-up’ on having a pain/stress free existence. It is added capacity which helps integrate, balance, and put into perspective life’s up and downs.
• Spiritual paths have as outcome different experience and abilities. All paths are not the same and often focus on varied goals.
• It has been suggested, that peak experience of Oneness and Union with the Godhead is essentially the same experience; using different words to describe this sublime connection. The use of different terminology, due to cultural influence, confuses and helps create a situation where mystery is amplified. For example, Peace of God, Union, Nirvana, and Experience of Oneness, may all be attempts to describe a singular peak experience; which, as indicated earlier, in most spiritual travelers is transitory.
Learn to see those things
Which you must do
And those things
Which God / Light must do.
He / she who can recognize the difference
Is on their way to enlightenment.
Most travelers expect enlightenment
To arrive in a flash.
They imagine it is like turning on
A lamp in their home.
This is our desire for haste
And stems from greed.
This process is much slower
And knowledge comes in stages;
And once the Light is on
It cannot be turned off
As easily as hitting a switch.
If you liked this see my book, The World of Pond Stories. To purchase your copy go to Amazon: https://www.bit.ly/bitkoffpond(Paperback $13.99 | Kindle $5.95).
Copyright © 1998 - 2020 Mystic Living Today All rights, including copyright, in the content of these Mystic Living Today web pages are owned or controlled for these purposes by Planet Starz, Inc. |
Terms of Service
Disclaimer and Legal Information
For questions or comment, contact Starzcast@mysticlivingtoday.com. Reproduction of this page in any form is not allowed without permission of the author and the owner of this site. All material on this web site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright and trademark laws. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site. Unless permissions is granted. If you have any questions or problems regarding this site, please e-mail Webmaster. Web site design by: Creative Net FX